Formal reports are created to capture the most important aspects of a project or investigation. For this assignment we need to create a report on industrial ecology for a chosen client with a harmonious design incorporating raw content, typography, color palette, and images.
|Date||Fall 2015, 3 weeks|
|Course||Interaction Design Fundamentals|
|Skills||Data Visualization, Editing, Ideation|
IKEA is a multinational group of companies that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture, appliances, small motor vehicles and home accessories. As of January 2008, it is the world's largest furniture retailer.
Audience 2: Material Sourcing Department
Audience 1: Designers
The two audiences have interrelated yet distinct goals. While the designer's priority is to create products that are aesthetically appealing and functional. The Material Sourcing Department's focus is to purchase high quality raw materials at low cost. On the other hand, they are both accountable for the environmental impact of their work. Hence it is the report designer's responsibility to design a document that speaks to both audiences' needs.
- Interpret content to address the needs of multiple audiences
- Create a design that functions as a system
- Work with ideations
- Iteratively refine an idea
- Create effective communication through types and images
- Develop an effective vocabulary for discussing visual information design
- Work with a typographic grid
- Work with a color palette
- Receive and act on feedback from a design critique
- Offer effective feedback to others through a design critique
- Document design process
More Projects >